Best Ski Resorts
Powderhounds Awards: Best Ski Resorts in Utah
Where is the best Utah skiing? Here are the Powderhounds.com awards for the best Utah ski resorts, many of which are located near Salt Lake City.
Top Utah Ski Resorts for Powder Hounds
Based on advanced/expert terrain + snow quality & quantity
+ likelihood of finding freshies
Skiing and Snowboarding
- Best overall terrain: Alta, The Canyons
- Best beginner terrain: Park City Ski Resort, Deer Valley
- Best intermediate terrain: Park City, The Canyons, Deer Valley
- Best advanced piste terrain: Alta, Snowbasin
- Best off-piste terrain: Snowbird, Alta, Powder Mountain
- Best slackcountry: Powder Mountain, Brighton
- Best steeps: Snowbird, Alta
- Best tree skiing: Solitude Ski Resort, The Canyons
- Uncrowded slopes: Powder Mountain, Solitude Ski Resort
- Best lift infrastructure: Snowbasin, Brighton
- Best terrain park: Park City, The Canyons
Nightlife & Dining
Cost & Value for Money
Also see our Powderhounds USA ski resorts ratings
to see how we rate Utah ski resorts on various factors including the terrain, powder, apres and family-friendliness.
Best Utah Ski Resorts - Readers' Reviews
These awards for the "best ski resorts in Utah" are based on the public reviews on Powderhounds.com. Come and have your say on the top Utah ski resorts
by reviewing and rating a ski area. Navigate to the Utah ski resort you want to review and click on the "add review" link in the left-hand-column. Put your vote in!
NB only Utah ski resorts with a minimum of 2 reviews were considered in the awards. Where there are equal scores, the resort with more reviews is selected as the best.
Best overall Utah ski resort 1: Alta, Solitude Ski Resort
- Best Utah powder skiing 2: Solitude, Alta
- Best snow: Brighton, Alta
- Most uncrowded: Solitude, Powder Mountain
- Best lifts: The Canyons, Deer Valley
- Piste trails: Alta, Deer Valley
- Off-piste: Powder Mountain, Solitude
- Child friendly: Wolf Mountain, Alta
- Value for money: Wolf Mountain, Alta
- Nightlife: Park City, Deer Valley
1 The top overall Utah ski resort is based on an average of the other above factors.
2 The best Utah powder skiing is the average of the scores for snow, uncrowded and off-piste.
Utah Ski Tours
||Utah Champagne Powder Tour | 11 Nights
|This tour is for advanced to expert skiers only and takes in the best powder resorts in Utah. It includes extensive guiding and on-mountain tuition, airport & inter-resort transfers, 9 days lift passes, lodging, breakfasts & more....
<Advertise your business here>
||Solo Skiers & Boarders Tour | 12 Nights
Visit 6 of Utah's best ski resorts and hang out with like minded people. 9 days lift tickets, lodging, airport & resort transfers. Must be 21 or older for this tour. For skiers & boarders of all levels.