Best Ski Resorts
Powderhounds Awards: Best Ski Resorts in Utah
Where is the best Utah skiing? Here are the Powderhounds.com awards for the best Utah ski resorts, many of which are located near Salt Lake City.
Top Utah Ski Resorts for Powder Hounds
Based on advanced/expert terrain + snow quality & quantity
+ likelihood of finding freshies
Skiing and Snowboarding
- Best overall terrain: Alta, Snowbasin, Canyons
- Best beginner terrain: Brian Head, Alta
- Best intermediate terrain: Park City, Canyons, Deer Valley
- Best advanced piste terrain: Canyons, Snowbasin
- Best off-piste terrain: Snowbird, Alta, Powder Mountain
- Best slackcountry: Powder Mountain, Brighton
- Best expert terrain: Snowbird, Alta
- Best extreme terrain: Snowbird, Alta
- Best tree skiing: Solitude, Powder Mountain
- Uncrowded slopes: Powder Mountain, Solitude Ski Resort
- Best lift infrastructure: Canyons, Deer Valley
- Best terrain park: Park City, Brighton
Nightlife & Dining
Cost & Value for Money
Also see our Powderhounds USA ski resorts ratings
to see how we rate Utah ski resorts on various factors including the terrain, powder, apres and family-friendliness.
Best Utah Ski Resorts - Readers' Reviews
These awards for the "best ski resorts in Utah" are based on the public reviews on Powderhounds.com. Come and have your say on the top Utah ski resorts
by reviewing and rating a ski area. Navigate to the Utah ski resort you want to review and click on the "add review" link in the left-hand-column. Put your vote in!
NB only Utah ski resorts with a minimum of 4 reviews were considered in the awards. Where there are equal scores, the resort with more reviews is selected as the best.
Best overall Utah ski resort 1:
- Best Utah powder skiing 2:
- Best snow:
- Most uncrowded:
- Best lifts:
- Piste trails:
- Child friendly:
- Value for money:
1 The top overall Utah ski resort is based on an average of the other above factors.
2 The best Utah powder skiing is the average of the scores for snow, uncrowded and off-piste.
Utah Ski Tours