Puma Lodge Heli Skiing
Puma Lodge is a luxurious fully equipped 5-star facility. More importantly, Puma Lodge Heli Skiing in Chile is the powder capital of the Andes, with deep and abundant snowfalls averaging 100cm of powder per storm.
Ski or snowboard through untracked powder, past glaciers, and backcountry bowls surrounded by a stunning landscape. Discover pristine nature with excellent snow quality, awe-inspiring peaks, and deep valleys. The area surrounding Puma Lodge is one of the best-kept secrets of the Chilean Andes, and accessed exclusively for heli skiing by Puma Lodge guests.
Your private transfer will collect you in Santiago and transfer you to Puma Lodge. Located a 90 minute drive south of Santiago (or a 30-minute helicopter ride), Puma Lodge Chile is in a class of its own. Not only is it one of the best heliski centers in the world and a 5-star hotel and spa, but also it encompasses more than 3,000 square km of majestic mountains, deep valleys, cypress forests, mighty rivers, clear streams, and a diverse array of native flora and fauna.
Huge vertical descents...
..small group heli skiing....
..best powder in the Andes
The helicopter will transport you to the zones considered most apt for skiing based on snow conditions, weather, capacity, and technical level of the skiers/snowboarders to descend expansive, long chutes through virgin snow. Expert guides carefully select the ski area of the day to ensure clients have the best heli ski experience possible in the best snow; an inspiring experience they will remember for the rest of their lives.
Descents are an average of 1,200m, with the greatest vertical run being approximately 3,200m and the longest run being approximately 16km.
You will stay 7 nights at the exclusive Puma Lodge Chile.
The lodge is like a self-contained resort comprising of 24 rooms plus a 6-person apartment, a wine tasting room, dining & living areas, games room, outdoor jacuzzis, heated pool, steam room, massage rooms, ski shop and much more.
Each day you will be provided with 3 meals (lunch out in the mountains).
..superb living spaces..
Puma Lodge Heli Skiing Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival day & transfer to Puma Lodge
Your driver will pick you up from your Santiago hotel and transfer you to Puma Lodge. Located three hours south of Santiago (or a 30-minute helicopter ride), Puma Lodge is in a class of its own. Not only is it one of the best heli-ski operations in Chile and a 4-star hotel and spa, but also it encompasses more than 3,000 square km of majestic mountains, deep valleys, cypress forests, mighty rivers, clear streams, and a diverse array of native flora and fauna.
Upon your arrival at Puma Lodge, you’ll sit down with one of the expert guides to review safety procedures, weather conditions, and a tentative schedule for your stay.
Accommodations: Puma Lodge
Day 2-3: Heli skiing days
Enjoy a variety of fresh runs as the helicopter transports you to the zones considered most apt for skiing based on snow conditions, weather, capacity, and technical level of the skiers/snowboarders to descend expansive, long chutes through virgin snow.
Expert guides carefully select the ski areas for the day to ensure that you have the best heli-ski experience possible in the best snow; an inspiring experience you will remember for the rest of your life.
Descents are an average of 1,200m, with the greatest vertical run being approximately 3,200m and the longest being approximately 16km.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner
Accommodations: Puma Lodge
Day 4: Last heli ski day & transfer to Santiago
After breakfast and your last full day of heli-skiing you will be transferred back to Santiago or to the airport in the afternoon, depending on your next destination.
Meals: breakfast, lunch
2017 Rates & Inclusions
|| Prices in USD (Per Person)
|| # in Group 4
|| # in Group 8
| Puma Lodge
- These rates are applicable to FLEXIBLE TOUR dates which can commence any dates starting in June, July, August & September (subject to operation being open)
- Based on twin share however single supplement available for private room upgrade (subject to availability)
- Request a quote to get exact pricing for your group size & dates
- All ground transportation from Santiago [optional heli transfer available at additional cost]
- 7 nights at Puma Lodge & access to all resort facilities
- 3 meals a day plus afternoon tea
- Internationally qualified professional mountain guides (max 1:4 ratio)
- Safety training on use of mountain & avalanche security material:
Snowpulse Avalanche Airbag packs
Mammut Pulse Avalanche Transceivers, Shovels & Probes
- Mandatory practice sessions prior to skiing
- 3-day heli package: 5 hours in helicopter (3.5 guaranteed)
- Domestic or international flights
- Reciprocity fee upon arrival in Santiago
- Travel Insurance – required for all travelers
- Alcoholic beverages and meals not detailed in itinerary
- Optional gratuity for drivers and guides
- Skis or snowboard rentals
- Upgrade to private room (request quote)
- Upgrade to helicopter transfer (request quote)
Upscape Travel Terms & Conditions
Pricing is based on a minimum of passengers
- Pricing is subject to change based on fluctuations in currency rates
- Final pricing to be quoted 90 days before departure
Cancellations and Refunds:
A deposit of 50% is required to make a reservation
- The balance is due 60 days prior to departure. Failure to make your final payment on time is considered a cancellation on the part of the passengers
- Credit cards accepted, service fee might apply
If for any reason you need to cancel your trip, the reservation deposit is returned minus a trip cancellation fee. For this reason we strongly recommend trip cancellation insurance. All cancellations must be in writing and the following cancellation fees apply:
Minimum fee: $150
60-41 days prior to departure: Fee is 25% of the trip cost
40-31 days prior to departure: Fee is 50% of the trip cost
30 days prior to departure: Fee is 100% of the trip cost
Charges related to airline ticket changes and cancellations subject to terms and conditions of the airline
Upscape Travel reserves the right to substitute hotels for other hotels of similar category or change schedules should the circumstance so demand with notification if time permits. In the event of a change in the itinerary necessitated by factors or conditions beyond our control no refund can be made nor will credit be allowed, provided that, in the event of such change in itinerary Santiago Adventures shall provide accommodations and services of comparable quality and standards. Any such change shall not modify the cancellation provisions.
Refunds for unused services:
No refunds for any unused services of the tour program
Note: The sun is very strong in Chile, and UV rays become stronger as one climbs to higher altitudes. Therefore, we STRONGLY recommend that you apply adequate sunscreen, wear a hat and/or sunglasses, and in general take the necessary measures to protect yourself from overexposure to the sun while on your excursion.