Myoko Powder Packages
Powder Recon provides packages for Myoko Kogen
that include guiding, off mountain services, quality Japanese style accommodation, and lift tickets. There are many benefits of hosted packages with Powder Reco
n versus a standard Myoko Kogen ski package:
- These Myoko Kogen ski packages are very reasonably priced.
- You will stay in one of a few premium hotels/ryokans that meet the Powder Recon criteria such as good location, authentic Japanese experience, and good facilities such as onsens.
- Powder Recon provides private transfers to a range of Myoko resorts, as well as other nearby ski areas that are completely uncrowded and ideal for riding powder – this is a major pro for powder hounds. Examples of ski areas include Togakushi & Madarao/Tangram.
- Powder Recon provide morning guiding at various ski resorts at and nearby Myoko Kogen to show you the best spots, whether you want to ride the groomed runs or chase the powder.
- As well as inside knowledge of where to find the best powder, Powder Recon can tell you where to find the best food and/or the best izakaya.
- The staff can also provide advice and set you up with other operators for ski or snowboard lessons, equipment rentals, backcountry tours, and child care.
- You can meet new people and ski or ride with other like-minded people if you wish, or there’s plenty of flexibility if you want your own space.
Myoko Powder Packages - Myoko Kogen Japan from Powderhounds.com on Vimeo.
Shhh...this one's a secret!
AccommodationPowder Recon Japan selects accommodation that has been personally inspected and experienced by theteam. PR offer an exclusive range of accommodation options that meets strict selection criteria;
- Quality – Superior standard of rooms and service.
- Location – Close proximity to the main street and lifts.
- Tradional – Delivers an authentic Japanese experience.
- Facilities – Onsen, ski locker, laundry facilities, drying rooms etc to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
In addition to those listed below, Powder Recon offers a couple of other options depending on your group size and your budget preferences.
Ryokan Okayama is boutique, family owned, traditional Japanese style ryokan located at just the right distance from the hustle and bustle of the main Akakura village.
Newly renovated in autumn of 2013, this quaint ryokan offers all of the essential of Japanese accommodation- 24 hour natural hot spring accompanied with a private onsen, rooms with tatami mats, along with exquisite Japanese meals.
The highlight is the brand new rooms, with some containing western beds coupled with a kotatsu (a low, wooden table frame covered by a futon or a heavy blanket with a heat source underneath) to keep your feet warm.
The Okayama family, along with their well-behaved border collie dog, will go out of their way to make your stay the most comfortable and memorable experience in Japan, with their excellent hospitality and genuine nature.
Purpose built to cater for the needs of Powder Recon clients, The Lodge has been refurbished to the highest standards. Newly completed, combining a traditional Japanese theme with the latest mod cons and high quality facilities, no expense has been spared to ensure your comfort.
Sleeping a maximum capacity of 18, The Lodge offers a choice of rooms ranging from single to the deluxe double, or family rooms sleeping up to 4. There is the option of both Japanese and Western style beds.
If you’re looking to fully immerse yourself into the Myoko Powder Tour experience, The Lodge will provide the comfort and camaraderie that makes a ski tour unforgettable.
A typical ryokan
A typical room
A beautiful indoor/outdoor onsen
Package InclusionsPackages are customisable. Here are inclusions for the sample price package:
- Twin share accommodation in traditional Japanese style room with shared bathroom (for 7 nights)
- Daily buffet breakfast
- Lift passes for Akakura Kanko or Akakura Onsen resorts (6 days)
- Private transfers to and from a range of nearby resorts on weekdays
- On-mountain morning guiding on weekdays (5 days), guest to guide ratio max 6:1
- Hosting and concierge services
- Access to tech services for equipment support at discounted prices
- Cultural day trips - but these can be organised.
- Backcountry guiding at Seki Onsen - this can be organised.
- Tokyo travel plans - these can be organised.
- Equipment rentals
- Child care
- Other meals
Other Benefits for Powder Recon Guests
- Powder Recon discounts at selected restaurants/bars/rental shops in Myoko Akakura Onsen Village;
- Powder Recon exclusive resort hosting, tour services and support (Akakura Onsen Village);
- Powder Recon private transfers from Myoko Station to your accommodation;
- Travel tips for getting to and from Myoko Kogen.
- All bookings will be held for 7 days once quotes have been issued.
- A 25% deposit is required to secure bookings (credit card payment available).