High Peak Heliski & Club Fields Combo Packages - New for 2016!!
The ultimate way to access New Zealand's supreme skiing and snowboarding terrain is via helicopter; combine this with a few days of adventure skiing at New Zealand's club fields, deluxe lodging
, gourmet meals
, and 4 x 4 transportation,
and you have the ski or snowboard adventure of a lifetime awaiting you!
The High Peak Heliski & Club Fields packages combine the intimate and deluxe lodging at High Peak Lodge
located in Terrace Downs Resort
(near Methven & Mt Hutt) and the experience of one of New Zealand's longest operating heli ski companies; Methven Heliski
as well as the local knowledge of your High Peak Heliski Host/Guide.
This tour can be customised in many ways however the basis is that it is fully hosted and all inclusive
; all you need to do is book your flights to/from Christchurch and everything else is taken care of. The crew at the High Peak Lodge will go the extra mile to ensure your stay is one that you will cherish for a lifetime.
If you want an all-frills heli skiing & club-fields adventure holiday
where you don't need to think about anything
but having a great time, then this is the one!
Best heli skiing in NZ...
..An intimate deluxe chalet..
...Experience NZ's club fields
The High Peak Heliski Lodge at Terrace Downs is designed to be the ideal skiers' sanctuary. Everything you need, nothing you don't need.
Located at Terrace Downs Resort, it is ideally situated to easily access both the heliski base at Glenfalloch Station
, along with no less than six local club field ski areas
. This is an important consideration, as New Zealand weather can be unpredictable. Having the best non-heli off-piste skiing in New Zealand on your doorstep is a big reason that Canterbury is the go-to destination for those who take their skiing seriously.
The Lodge is centrally heated, has four generous bedrooms (which can be configured as king or twin rooms), a comfortable lounge with a gas fire,
and Sky TV. There is also an open bar
and gas-fired hot tub.
The purpose-built kitchen is where Hilary works her culinary magic. Daily cooked & continental breakfast, mountain snacks & refreshments, afternoon mulled wine & mountain platter, a daily three-course home-cooked dinner, beer, wine, aperitifs and non-alcoholic drinks are all inclusive!
It is all about providing the perfect environment to relax and swap stories about the day's skiing while resting up to do it all again the next day.
Deluxe twin or king rooms...
..a cosy fire to socialize around...
...and gourmet meals & wine
The following itinerary is a guide as to how a 6-night, 2-day heliski + 3-day guided club fields package would operate (but ultimately it is fully customizable and the conditions and weather may dictate the events of each day)...
Day 1 (Arrival Day)
- Your High Peak Heliski host will pick you up from the Christchurch Airport
- You will then be driven to your deluxe "home away from home" where you will spend the next 4 nights
- If you require ski gear, your host will take you to a ski rental shop to get you fitted out with fat skis or powder board and whatever else you need.
- Depending on what time you arrive; dinner will be served so you can fuel up for the following day of heli skiing
- After dinner you may partake in a hot tub out on the deck, a social or quite sit around the fireplace, or just turn in for an early night.
Day 2 (Intro Heli Day)
- After an early cooked breakfast you will jump in the 4 x 4 vehicle where your host will drive you to the heliskiing staging area (there is an option to pay extra for a door-to-door heli pick-up and drop-off from the lodge)
- Once at the staging area you will be provided with a helicopter & avalanche safety briefing and provided with avalanche safety equipment for your use during the day.
- Once you have been briefed it is high-fives and up-up-and-away into the Arrowsmith's where you will be treated to 5 exhilarating runs of approximately 700 metres of vertical (on average). You will have the option of buying additional runs each day depending on when the first 5 runs finish and what the conditions are like.
- Lunch is served in-style on the mountain by Methven Heliski
- After a solid day of powdermania it's back to the lodge for some hot tub action, cheese and wine and whatever else "grabs your fancy"
Day 3 (Heliski Day)
- If the weather & snow conditions are favourable, it would make sense to do your second day of heli on this day (the great thing about this itinerary is you can fill the gaps on days where the weather and conditions aren't ideal for heli skiing with guided days at the club ski areas or other bad weather activities)
- Much the same as day 2 without the need for a safety briefing which may offer you more time for additional runs or to partake in other activities in and around Terrace Downs or Methven. Even a game of golf could be on the cards!
- In the evenings there may be options for your host to take you into town to experience the rustic charm of Methven's pubs and bars.
Day 4, 5 & 6 (Club Fields)
- On the non-heli days your High Peak Heliski host/guide will take you and other guests on this package to the nearby club-fields which may include Mt Olympus, Craigieburn, Broken River, Mt Cheeseman (or even the commercial fields of Mt Hutt and Porters if the conditions there are more favourable on the day).
- You will be supplied with an avalanche beacon and harness for the rope tows and will be provided with instruction on how to ride the rope tows if you haven't done so before.
- Your guide will take you (with safety in mind) in search of some of the epic lines that can be found at these club fields. You and the group can do all of this via lift-access without the need for any hiking however you will have the option (based on group consensus) to hike to access some of the gems that can be found at these club fields.
- Lunch will be provided on the mountain
- Upon your arrival home, a well earned hot tub may be in order!
Day 7 (Departure Day)
Please note this itinerary is just a sample to provide some insight as to how this package could "play out". An itinerary will be tailored to your specific requirements depending on time constraints and group configuration.
- After breakfast (depending on what time your flight leaves), you will be chauffeured to Christchurch Airport for your journey home or onwards.
In the event of bad weather condition :(
One of the advantages of staying at High Peak Lodge is that they have lots of toys (and/or access to lots of other activities) should the weather gods not be kind. Here is a list of possibilities (some of which are also a bit weather dependent):
- Lift accessed skiing - Mt Hutt, Porters and club fields
- Jet boating
- Clay pigeon shooting
- Target archery
- Mountain biking
- Hot pools
- Day spa
2016 Rates & Inclusions
- based on min 2 people in a twin/double-share room
- private single room available for extra NZD$500per person
- base/invoice price is NZD and taxes are included
- please enquire to get an accurate quote for your group
- Pickup and return to the Christchurch airport
- Deluxe accommodation at High Peak Lodge
- Heli skiing with Methven Heliski including professional guiding & use of safety equipment
- Heli ski safety briefing.
- Fully cooked breakfast and dinner, and lunch in the field each day
- Fully guided days at club fields including lunch & use of avalanche safety beacon & rope tow harness
- Your personal High Peak Heliski host for the duration of your stay
- Transport everyday in 4×4 vehicles to/from the heli staging area & club fields
- Powder ski/board rentals NZD$45/day
- Additional nights NZD$250 (twin) / NZD$350 single per person
- Additional guided ski days at club fields NZD$300 per person
- Extra heli runs (over 5 each day) NZD$110 per run per person
- Additional heliski days NZD$1,065
- Heli-in/out to lodge (request price)
- Private heliski charter (request price)
High Peak Heliski Terms & Conditions
Deposit and Full Payment
- Deposit is 50% of the trip cost at the time of booking
- The remaining balance is due before departure home from tour
- Credit card payments may be made via Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express
- All payments are in New Zealand dollars
- 100% refund up to 31 days from trip start date
- Less than 31 days from trip date; no refund but can transfer to a future date at no extra cost
Cancellation by High Peak Heliski
High Peak Heliski reserves the right to cancel any program due to weather or route conditions. If a tour is canceled before commencing, due to weather or route conditions, then a full refund will be given; however, High Peak Lodge is not responsible for any additional expenses incurred in preparing for the program (i.e., airline tickets, equipment purchase or rental, hotel reservations).
Cancellation of Heli Days
If any day(s) of heli skiing are cancelled due to inclement conditions, the cost will be refunded at NZ$1,065 for each non-fly day that you paid for. You may choose to use some of this refund towards other activities on offer in place of the day of heli skiing.